WHAT IS HAIL DAMAGE REPAIR?
Hail Damage Repair / Paintless Dent Repair / Dent Removers or what’s commonly referred to as PDR is the preferred method of repairing automobile hail damage in most cases.
With the manufacturers use of more flexible metals and more paint resilient finishes on late model cars and trucks the results are typically 99.9 percent perfect when performed by a highly skilled professional PDR technician with years of experience.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PDR AND INSURANCE
- WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A PDR COMPANY FOR MY REPAIRS?
- WHAT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY DOESN’T TELL YOU
- WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- WHY SHOULD I NOT USE THE DIRECT REPAIR BODY SHOP THE INSURANCE COMPANY RECOMMENDED?
- DO I HAVE TO PAY MY DEDUCTIBLE?
- WILL A HAIL DAMAGE CLAIM MAKE MY INSURANCE RATES INCREASE?
- WHAT IF THE DAMAGE DOESN’T APPEAR TO BE SEVERE ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY AN INSURANCE CLAIM?
- IF I LEAVE THE DENTS ALONE, WILL THE HEAT FROM THE SUN EVENTUALLY BRING THE DENTS BACK OUT ON THEIR OWN?
- I NEED THE FUNDS FROM MY INSURANCE CHECK FOR OTHER THINGS BESIDES REPAIRING THE HAIL DAMAGE ON MY VEHICLE. WHAT IF I DECIDE NOT TO REPAIR MY VEHICLE?
- I HAVEN’T MADE A CLAIM WITH MY INSURANCE COMPANY YET… HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GENERATE A CLAIM?
- DO I HAVE TO TAKE MY VEHICLE TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY’S RECOMMENDED DIRECT REPAIR FACILITY?
- THE INSURANCE CHECK I RECEIVED HAS MY NAME AND THE LIEN HOLDERS NAME ON IT, CAN I CASH IT OR DEPOSIT IT WITHOUT HAVING THE LIEN HOLDER ENDORSE IT?
- WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE RENTAL CAR COVERAGE?
- HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO GET MY VEHICLE REPAIRED?
- WHAT TYPE OF SERVICE SHOULD I EXPECT FROM REPAIR PERFORMED AT DENT MASTERS?
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A PDR COMPANY FOR MY REPAIRS?
That is a very important question. Some of the things that we feel are extremely important here at Dent Masters are;
- Well established company with years of time-tested experience and an outstanding reputation
- Positive corporate image within the community and the industry
- Comprehensive professional website
- National toll-free phone number that can be reached year-round, a written national warranty, strong customer service skills
- Strong working relationship with all the major insurance companies
- We feel like the most important thing is a strong and willing desire to earn your business and the business of your friends and family
- Dent Masters has all these things including 30 years of experience, 100+ five star reviews and we are an Accredited member of Better Business Bureau with an A+ Rating.
WHAT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY DOESN’T TELL YOU:
1) They hope you take the money, put it in your pocket and never get the hail damage on your car repaired.
Why? Because if you pocket the money and don’t get the hail damage repaired you will continue to make your premium payments as you always have, for coverage you are no longer covered for until the repairs are completed and should something ever happen to the areas they paid to repair, they are off the hook therefore increasing their bottom line and decreasing yours!
A restriction for “unrepaired damage” is in effect on your insurance policy; any future claims will be denied until your hail damage is repaired. Don’t risk it!
2) They intentionally under value the cost of the repair sometimes by thousands of dollars, again hoping that you take the money and pocket it. Why? Because they know that if you take the money and run, they just saved thousands of dollars!
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
1) Call and report the claim to the insurance company ASAP.
2) Check to see if you have rental coverage and how much they pay per day.
3) Make an appointment to either have the insurance adjuster come to you or go to a location of their choice to estimate the hail damage and issue payment to you and the lien holder or Dent Masters giving you control over the repair not the insurance company.
Don’t worry about the amount of the check, it’s our job to scrutinize your vehicle and recover the difference from the insurance company.
Again, they will write it below what it will cost to repair it and no they won’t pay you the difference directly because it’s their way of controlling their bottom line and making sure the vehicle is repaired.
4) Call Dent Masters and schedule appointment.
WHY SHOULD I NOT USE THE DIRECT REPAIR BODY SHOP THE INSURANCE COMPANY RECOMMENDED?
Because Dent Masters works for you, not the insurance company. Our goal is to do what’s in your best interest! Our business comes from our customers and our outstanding reputation, not from the insurance companies.
DO I HAVE TO PAY MY DEDUCTIBLE?
When you choose Dent Masters, in most cases you will not pay any deductible if your comprehensive deductible is $500 or less.
WILL A HAIL DAMAGE CLAIM MAKE MY INSURANCE RATES INCREASE?
No. Insurance companies classify claims into two different general categories: (1) Collision, and (2) Comprehensive. Hail damage is a comprehensive claim and is considered an act of God. Acts of God will not raise your insurance rates.
WHAT IF THE DAMAGE DOESN’T APPEAR TO BE SEVERE ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY AN INSURANCE CLAIM?
You would be surprised in most cases the average amount of damage is around $5000 depending on the severity of the storm. Many dents aren’t readily visible to the untrained eye, especially when viewed outdoors in the sunlight.
Our professionally trained damage appraisers will inspect your vehicle free of charge and advise you of hidden damage that could cost you later when you turn in your lease or trade in or sell your vehicle.
IF I LEAVE THE DENTS ALONE, WILL THE HEAT FROM THE SUN EVENTUALLY BRING THE DENTS BACK OUT ON THEIR OWN?
No. The dents on your vehicle must be physically manipulated back to their original location by using specially designed custom paintless dent repair tools and techniques.
I NEED THE FUNDS FROM MY INSURANCE CHECK FOR OTHER THINGS BESIDES REPAIRING THE HAIL DAMAGE ON MY VEHICLE. WHAT IF I DECIDE NOT TO REPAIR MY VEHICLE?
There is a restriction for “unrepaired damage” that is in effect on your insurance policy until all of hail damage repairs on your vehicle are completed.
We strongly advise you against prolonging the repairs since any future insurance claims may or will be rejected by your insurance company, which can potentially cost you thousands of dollars out of your own pocket on future claims.
We don’t advise risking it!
Give us a call we’re here to help!
I HAVEN’T MADE A CLAIM WITH MY INSURANCE COMPANY YET… HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GENERATE A CLAIM?
Claims are supposed to be made in a “timely” manner, which usually equates to 30-60 days from the time of occurrence.
If you haven’t already made a claim, we strongly advise you call your insurance company as soon as possible before time runs out.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE MY VEHICLE TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY’S RECOMMENDED DIRECT REPAIR FACILITY?
No. By law you can take your car to the shop of your choice. In fact, several of the largest insurance companies out there were involved in a class action lawsuit for steering policyholders towards their recommended shops.
Many insurance companies recommend certain shops to their insured’s because these shops will perform work at a lower cost for the insurance company in exchange for their referrals.
This helps improve the profits of the insurance company but does not mean that the repairs are better nor are their warranties any better than a Dent Masters warranty.
It’s a fact that 95 percent of all Paintless Dent Repair taken in for repair by body shops, dealerships, etc. are outsourced for repair to companies like ours, not by their own technicians, just creating another middleman to take your deductible.
You will also pay your deductible at insurance company direct repair shops since their agreement states that saving deductibles is a breach of their contract.
The choice is yours, so cut out the middleman and come directly to the source!
THE INSURANCE CHECK I RECEIVED HAS MY NAME AND THE LIEN HOLDERS NAME ON IT, CAN I CASH IT OR DEPOSIT IT WITHOUT HAVING THE LIEN HOLDER ENDORSE IT?
We strongly recommend that you not knowingly deposit or cash a check without acquiring the proper endorsements of all necessary parties, you may be committing a crime.
Dent Masters has strong relationships with almost all lending institutions and can expedite the endorsement process for you while your vehicle is being repaired.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE RENTAL CAR COVERAGE?
Due to each situation being different we may be able to offer you other options.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO GET MY VEHICLE REPAIRED?
Insurance checks are usually good for 180 days (6 months).
However, your estimate is based on current labor rates and parts prices, which will most likely increase as you wait.
Waiting too long to repair your vehicle is risky since your insurance policy is restricted for “unrepaired damage” until repairs are verified by your insurance company.
Please don’t hesitate, call us today for a free estimate!
WHAT TYPE OF SERVICE SHOULD I EXPECT FROM REPAIR PERFORMED AT DENT MASTERS?
With Dent Masters, our satisfaction is guaranteed in writing or you will not be expected to pay for the repaired panel.
We’ll let you know in advance if we feel like a dent is beyond the capabilities of Paintless Dent Repair techniques.
We welcome any additional questions you may have and would love the opportunity to earn your business and the business of your family and friends.